My favorite thing about Vegeria (other than the Super Human Nachos) is that everything in the entire restaurant is vegetarian and gluten free. I has really become one of my favorite restaurants in San Antonio. It's very casual, so don't expect anything fancy when you're going there, but the food really does speak for itself. I have loved everything I've ever tried there. The servers are also incredible nice. I haven't met an unfriendly one yet. This is what I've tried and really liked at Vegeria:
- *Super Human Nachos- "Loaded with protein and probiotics, these nachos will leave you feeling super human. Piled high with our housemade tortilla chips, refried pinto beans, quinoa, sliced avocado, hemp hearts, pepperjack cheese, and Kim Chi." (MY FAVORITE)
- Classic Vegan Nachos- "A mountain of tortilla chips piled high with vegan queso, quinoa, veggie taco filling, pico de gallo, and guacamole. Drizzled with our homemade Avocado Ranch"
- Spinach Huitlacoche Enchiladas
- Una Tostada
- Kale Salad with ginger dressing
- Sweet Potato Poblano Flautas
- Chilaquiles (They grew on me)
Super Human Nachos
Sweet Potato Poblano Flautas
Mole Chilaquiles with Pumpkin Seeds
"A new take on a classic chilaquiles. Toasted corn tortillas on a bed of refried beans topped with queso, spicy chocolate mole sunflower cream and pumpkin seeds."
The first time I tried these, I thought they were okay, but the flavor became sort of addictive for me, and by the end of the meal, they were all I was eating. The mole brings a sort of sweet flavor and then you have the savory flavor of the queso and the addition of the pumpkin seeds . In some ways, they don't feel like a real meal, but they're really good.
Spinach Huitlacoche Enchiladas
"Three creamy, savory and rich enchiladas. Sautéed garlic, onion, spinach and huitlchoche. Rolled into three soft corn tortillas topped with queso and sunflower seed cream."