I had THE BEST SALAD OF MY LIFE at the Forge in Miami a few weeks ago, so I had to immediately go home and try to recreate it. Below is what I came up with by desperately searching online for the exact recipe. I have to admit….It’s not as good as the one I had there, but it is really good. There’s something amazing about putting Kale in the food processor. It really tenderizes it, and then with the lemon, it’s perfect! Anyway, here’s the recipe:
- 1 large bunch kalewell rinsed
- 1/2 cup currants
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (Try to find one that doesn't taste too "olive-oily"
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, preferably freshly and finely grated
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic salt and pepper
- Remove kale from stems and pulse in food processor until chopped. (you don't want to pulverized but you want a fairly fine chop.)
- Whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, parmesan, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, add chopped kale, currants and pine nuts.
- Add dressing a little at a time and toss well.
- Continue with dressing until desired consistency is reached. You want the kale to be coated but not swimming in the dressing.
- Let sit for 5-10 minutes and serve.
- Top with additional grated parmesan, if desired.
This is the food processor I used. It was pretty cheap, but mine was way to small for this recipe. I had to do so many batches of kale that I almost went nuts. Go bigger if you haven’t already purchased a food processor