This is from another Paleo cookbook I have (Paleo Comfort Foods, by Julie & Charles Mayfield). This one wasn’t quite sweet enough for me. I omitted the honey, but I would maybe add it in if I made them again. If they had a little honey, I would give these a solid A-. These will be perfect for breakfast with coffee. Nothing like a muffin straight out of the oven though. Ahhh..... :)
Morning Glory Muffins
(from Paleo Comfort Foods Cookbook)
2.5 C Almond Flour
1 TBSP Cinnamon
2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 C carrots, grated
1 Large Apple, Peeled, Cored and Grated
1 C Shredded Coconut
1 C Raisins
3 Large Eggs
2 TBSP honey (optional. Though I would add it)
1/2 C Coconut or Avocado Oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1)Preheat oven to 350 and grease a standard-sized muffin pan
- 2)Combine almond flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Add carrot, apple, coconut and raisins and combine well
3)In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, honey, oil and vanilla extract together
- 4)Pour this mixture over your dry ingredients and mix well. This batter will be very thick.
- 5)Spoon out into muffin pan and place on middle or upper tack of your oven for 40-50 minutes for large muffins, 20-30 minutes for smaller muffins.
6)When a toothpick inserted in the top of a muffin comes out clean, they are done.
- 7)Cool muffins in pan for 8-10 minutes and then remove to a rack to finish cooling